Being a Southerner

[ Go to bottom  |  Go to latest post  |  Subscribe to this topic  |  Latest posts first ]

TIE_Wolf

42, male

Being a Southerner

from TIE_Wolf on 09/12/2014 03:03 PM

Many people today have no true understanding what it means to be a Southerner.  I know it may sound pretty upsetting to most people when I speak about it, but I'm going to put out there what I feel every Southerner knows and what many people have no idea about.

The Southern man is considered the most passionate, patriotic and chivalric person that is left in America.  You are brought up say to say yes sir and yes ma'am just as our women do.  We are taught to open and hold doors for women and love your woman with all of your heart and soul.  You are taught to pray to God and raise a Christian family as well as do what is right, not what everyone wants you to do.  You learn to love the Confederate Battle Flag, "Rebel Flag", and everything that is considered Southern Heritage.  You are taught to work hard at what you do and make the best of any situation. 

The Southern woman, "Southern Belle", is the most beautiful woman in the U.S.  She is also taught to be a Christian woman and learns to be the best mother this country has to offer.  She also works hard at everything she does.  She can be the most loving woman in the world or could be the meanest woman you ever crossed.  The Southern woman is also very passionate and has the heart of gold.  She not only holds the family together, but she is the person every young girl should strive to become.  When you think of a Southern woman, you will always think of the beautiful "Southern Belle". 

Now there are many Southerners that are going away from the above traits and it is killing the Southern Heritage.  You are trying to get rid of their Southern dialect and wanting to be like everyone else in the country instead of being the Southerner they are.  Being a Southerner, you should not only be proud of who you are, but be proud of your heritage as well as keep it alive.  A man should be the Southern Gentleman he has been taught to be.  The Southern Woman should stay the Southern Belle she was born to be. 

If you are a Southern man, give your Southern Belle flowers every now and then.  Let them know how much you love them every day either through telling them or by giving them something to show your love.  Southern Women, be loving back and show your Southern man how much you love them through telling them or just by showing them the best way you know how.  I'm no marriage counselor by far, but if we want our youth to carry on the tradition of Southern Heritage, it starts with each of us to show them the right path to take.   

« Back to forum